With a weight of just 236 grams and thickness of 0.3 inch the newly launched thin and light Lenovo S5000 tablet is seen as a potential rival to Nexus 7.It has a display of 7 inches which can provide a resolution upto 1280x800pixels resolution and IPS screen with 360 cps of brightness.It is a budget range tablet with 5-megapixel rear camera and powered by 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek 8389 processor.There is also a 1.6 mega pixel front camera for video calling purpose.
The operating system uses the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean .The feature of interest is its battery backup.The tablet is powered by 3,450mAh battery which powers for as long as eight hours of Wi-Fi web browsing which is a cpu intesive job. With USB on-the-go feature you can expand the existing storage of 16GB.Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G connectivity.
There are two versions of this slate one for WiFi model and the other for 3G model.The model is expected to be available from Q4 , 2013 ie Oct-Dec 2013.There has been no official announcement about the price from the company
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean powered 7 inch tablet pc
- Ultralight with 236 grams of weight and 0.3 inch of thickness
- Primary camera of 5 mega pixel and front cam of 1.6 mega pixel
- 16 GB of internal storage with USB on-the-go feature for expansion
- 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek 8389 processor with 2GB of RAM
- Network features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G connectivity